Friday, December 18, 2009

What Christmas Means to Me - The Birth of a Savior

What Christmas means to me: The Birth of the Savior of the World
Part V of V
***
In my recent writings I talked about what Christmas means to me. To me Christmas is about:
The magic of childhood, Christmas traditions, Family and Giving

Today, I end with part V of V in the series of What Christmas Mean to Me. The most important, and the real reason for Christmas celebrations is the birth of the Savior of the world. Christmas is about good news! Christmas is about hope and salvation.

What Christmas Means to Me: The Birth of a Savior

It’s about the birth of a child; a child who was born to bring salvation to the world. Christmas is about a child born in a stable because there was no room for them in the inn. It is about a child wrapped in swaddling clothes and laid in a manger. It is about shepherds tending their sheep when angel of the Lord appeared to them. The angel of the Lord best describes what Christmas is really about: "Fear not for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord." And with the angel their was a multitude of heavenly host praising God and saying "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."

Need I say more!
And, that's what Christmas means to me!

***

It's your life: live it, love it, & celebrate it!

No comments: